i used MSCONFIG to stop my comp from loading so many programs, and i was wondering what these might be?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

boxes .... !!! ( no i had to ... )
if you right click can you bring up properties...

i i was wondering what these might be?

Safe to uncheck.

thx :-D, one more thing, these r the only poroigrams i have set to startup cuz im not sure if not letting them startup is the same as ending them. which once can safely not be started up from this list

programs* wow i really messed that word up lol

microsoft doesnt have to .. direct cd dont... office startup (only if its assochaited wit microsoft) (like my spelling).... those im sure of the rest unknown would be nice to know to..

ty, anybody know something about the other ones? my startup time is now at least 50% percent faster, except when i turn on the comp and it sits at the stupid blue and black startup DELL.com screen for 2 minutes before actually starting to load windows, for all i know that dell screen can also be turned off tool ol

it can id explain how but its hard to explain i only know the harder way in .... sry but i can find out so give me like ohh 30mins or less

ok maybe longer im going to go home and try it... as far as i got on my work computer is if you press delete before that screen loads.. it opens (if im not mistaken ) the BOIS for the motherboard ,... i know with dells they have this stupid chip on the motherboard that its whole intent is to pop up the blue DELL screen... and dell them selves said that it cant be remove when i have (my way)... i will update you when i try it at home...

k thank a lot :-D yea its really dumb, no point at all, its not used to take up time while stuffs loading, its not important info, i mean dell.com isnt hard to remember

no such luck ... you might not be able to remove unless you remove the chip... (it would be easier just to get another motherboard then tho...) sry..

thx :-D, one more thing, these r the only poroigrams i have set to startup cuz im not sure if not letting them startup is the same as ending them. which once can safely not be started up from this list

go HEREand download the toolBar list and look up the programs in the list and it will tell you if it safe to remve from msconfig,
Actually the best way to stop the program from starting isin the properties of most properties .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.