I have a Hewlett Packard 656c printer and having problems with my usb. It will not detect it. I have downloaded my software. When i insert my usb cord to my printer it wont work. Im using Windows 98. Please help!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a Hewlett Packard 656c printer and having problems with my usb. It will not detect it. I have downloaded my software. When i insert my usb cord to my printer it wont work. Im using Windows 98. Please help!!

You say you downloaded the software ,but did that include the usb drivers.
usb driver and instructions here ,make sure you unblug you printer first .
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=20&y=4&x=6&dlc=en&product=61278&softwareitem=dj-10521-1

Most of the time when HP USB Printers have issues on windows98, you can correct it by unplugging the printer, boot the computer into safe mode, and make sure the printer is no longer in the device manager, if it is, remove it, then re-install the printer according to the directions above.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.