hey,
i'm trying to install norton antivirus 2003 again as someone uninstalled it a while ago trying to install some other anti-virus. but it says that Norton WMI Update program still exist on this computer. and it won't let me install it.
i've tried deleating the registry files that have to do with norton as advised by a friend, but i can't solve this problem.
i'd appritiate the help
thankyou

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are there any Norton services still running? You can see it in the taskmanager.

hey,
i'm trying to install norton antivirus 2003 again as someone uninstalled it a while ago trying to install some other anti-virus. but it says that Norton WMI Update program still exist on this computer. and it won't let me install it.
i've tried deleating the registry files that have to do with norton as advised by a friend, but i can't solve this problem.
i'd appritiate the help
thankyou

Look in Control panel /add and remove programs for the notons WMI updates and if there unindtall it from there or go into c:\programs files and delete any folder called norton if there

thanks for the reply, but
no norton services are running,
and there is no WMI in add remove or anywhere else.
any other ideas?

i've tried deleating the registry files that have to do with norton as advised by a friend,

There are several hundred registry-entries that come with norton, and according to some people a lot of them stay there after uninstalling the program. One of these entries probably causes the problem. Did you check the symantec-site for help?

Michael

There are several hundred registry-entries that come with norton, and according to some people a lot of them stay there after uninstalling the program. One of these entries probably causes the problem. Did you check the symantec-site for help?

Michael

yeh i did, couldn't find anything on there. it kept telling me to download this > remove norton 2003 < file, i ran that, still had the same problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.