Hello,

I run Win Me. I have always used WMP without a problem, until this week. I downloaded some files last week that played fine. A few days later, I went to play the files, and I get error message 0xC00D0029........(network connection has failed). Some play, some don't. I've tried downloading WMP 9, but I don't know if I actually have it or not.

I don't know why it happened, and while I have looked it up on Google for the remedy, is there a way to fix this, and can it be done without fooling with the registry?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. :confused:

Recommended Answers

Hi,
Try this:

1] Open Windows Media Player.
2] On the Tools menu, click Options.
3] On the General tab, select the Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands) check box, and then click OK.

Then check whether you get the error or not!

Jump to Post

Hi,
Which is the version of WMP? You can know this by going to Help Menu > About, in WMP.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

Hi,
Try this:

1] Open Windows Media Player.
2] On the Tools menu, click Options.
3] On the General tab, select the Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands) check box, and then click OK.

Then check whether you get the error or not!

Hello,

I must not have WMP 9, because there is no General option in the Tools/Options menu.

Hi,
Which is the version of WMP? You can know this by going to Help Menu > About, in WMP.

I have version 7.01.00.3055

Was able to upgrade to WMP 9 just now. Problem solved. Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.