Hi everyone:

I would like to ask how to protect the computer from conficker worm. Thank you so much, I know this worm is destroying many pcs out there. Have a great day.;)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Keep all your M$ products up-to-date as well as your anti-virus and firewall software.

Hi everyone:

I would like to ask how to protect the computer from conficker worm. Thank you so much, I know this worm is destroying many pcs out there. Have a great day.;)

Hi Annemarie.

First of all if you are having Anti-virus keep it updated. Also keep updated your operating system. But if you are affraid that you are infected with it there are a few tool, designed specifically for detecting Conficker. To name few, BitDefener Conficker Removal Tool, Sophos Conficker Removal tool, Norton Conficker Removal Tool. They are all free. If you need more information about them and where to download them visit my computer website at

[snip][/snip]

safe surfing:)

make sure that you keep passwords strong meaning not easy to memorize...

Agreed with all above :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.