I'm getting an error message after start up that reads "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Apple Reg.ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and try again." I don't know what this means. How can I get rid of the error message? :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm getting an error message after start up that reads "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Apple Reg.ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and try again." I don't know what this means. How can I get rid of the error message? :rolleyes:

do an msconfig.uncheck all unnessesary startup items after selecting"selective startup on general page.

do an msconfig.uncheck all unnessesary startup items after selecting"selective startup on general page.

Thanks for the response. How do I do an msconfig? What do you mean by selective start up on general page?

Thanks for the response. How do I do an msconfig? What do you mean by selective start up on general page?

Go to run and type in msconfig

Go to run and type in msconfig

Finally had a chance to try msconfig. It's my home computer and I hardly have time to use it. It worked and I no longer get the error message. Thank you!! :lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.