I have about 30 folders containing digital photographs in my Shared Folders/Shared Picures directory. While most of them are accessible to other users, five of them are not. Note - I am referring to sharing folders on the one computer, not on a network.
The MS Help does not give much information about how shared folders works, so does anyone know what else I should check on these folders to make sure that other users of my computer can see them? Does each folder have a security property for example?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gefflong

I have about 30 folders containing digital photographs in my Shared Folders/Shared Picures directory. While most of them are accessible to other users, five of them are not. Note - I am referring to sharing folders on the one computer, not on a network.
The MS Help does not give much information about how shared folders works, so does anyone know what else I should check on these folders to make sure that other users of my computer can see them? Does each folder have a security property for example?

Are you using Windows XP home or pro?

Are you using Windows XP home or pro?

I'm using Windows XP Home edition, SP1

I'm using Windows XP Home edition, SP1

I don't really ever work with XP home, so I can't really tell you details about it. Personally, I would just turn on file sharing and do it that way

Here is a site that explains file sharing for XP a little bit.

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpnetsh.htm

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.