Error msg: cannot find server, dSL error/internet explorer. PLEASE help. Only one site

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Error msg: cannot find server, dSL error/internet explorer. PLEASE help. Only one site

only one site , post the url here so we can see if we can go to it .could be the site is down.

only one site , post the url here so we can see if we can go to it .could be the site is down.

The site I go to is my Avon site ( I sell it, and have to get on to post my orders.) It is www.youravon.com I have to put in my user name and a password, and hit the go button, then it always gives me the following ( since Feb 22nd) didn't have a problem before that, and no one else I know has had a problem, and I haven't added anything to my computer, or done anything. This is what it says. I copied and pasted....................

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

............I have done all of the above, as well as installed hijackThis, and I cant seem to fix it.!!! Help??!!!

This problem could occur because of Spyware , go on over to the Security section of this fourm and post you problem along with a hijackthis log .
Spyware & Trojans and Other Nasties
Please Don't post the hijackthis log in this section Thanks .

Your copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. When HJT fixes anything, it makes backups of the original files in the folder it is in. Since Temporary folders are emptied now and then (the files are DELETED), it would not be a good idea to have your backups there. Those backups would be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO YOUR COMPUTER'S HEALTH

----------------
Did you ever find a solution to your problem. I have the same situation. Only one site, secure, that I was able to log into for 2 years, then all of a sudden, no dice. I've tried other browsers, other secure sites and all the help on a bunch of forums, but to no avail.
If you have any info to impart, I'd really appreciate it.

thx

I had the same problem with the AVON site and put up with it for over a year. Today my son advised me to download Firefox from mozilla.com, then access the AVON site from Firefox, rather than going through Internet Explorer. It worked! I was able to log in to my account just fine via Firefox and now I'm back in business. Hope this works for you, too.

The site I go to is my Avon site ( I sell it, and have to get on to post my orders.) It is www.youravon.com I have to put in my user name and a password, and hit the go button, then it always gives me the following ( since Feb 22nd) didn't have a problem before that, and no one else I know has had a problem, and I haven't added anything to my computer, or done anything. This is what it says. I copied and pasted....................

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

............I have done all of the above, as well as installed hijackThis, and I cant seem to fix it.!!! Help??!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.