This is my first post, and I'm not too sure what my next step should be...
The problem started yesterday, and I suspect it's related to a virus that was supposedly removed by AVG.
Here's what's going on:
- Windows Explorer crashes every 3 seconds; it restarts, then the message box pops up again
- Right after that message comes up (on startup), my laptop claims run32dll.exe has stopped working
- Other programs seem to be going wonky: I've seen Windows Defender message, Synaptics ,
Windows Task Scheduler, etc.
- I've run AVG scan, 6 threats were found, along with tracking cookies... removed all of it.
- I tried opening HiJack This, but it won't open either.
- No Uninstall option in Remove A Program.
I have no idea what to do next. Everyone always asks for a HiJack This log, but how do I run it if it won't open?
Other things that may help:
- I'm a noob with computers
- I'm running Vista Home Premium
- I'm using an HP Pavillion laptop
- 3 GB Ram
- 220 GB HDD
- I'll give other details if needed and I'll respond quickly :)
Please help, and many thanks in advance.