hi,
i try to install win xp sp2 . i have P4M800PRO-G7 and sata hard disk ... my hard disk is not recognize and the installation failed .
when can i find a driver for my hard disk.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That is because SATA did not exist when XP was written.
You need to search for a SATA driver for your motherboard.

hi,
i try to install win xp sp2 . i have P4M800PRO-G7 and sata hard disk ... my hard disk is not recognize and the installation failed .
when can i find a driver for my hard disk.

- goto bios setup
- dissable sata
- save and exit setup
- try installing XP

it will work...

if u want to enable sata u need to install sata driver by pressin F6 at the begining of windows setup. for this u might need a floppy drive.. just try dissabling sata.. if its not workin, let me know...

If the OP is trying to install onto a SATA drive then disabeling SATA in the bios will not work.

- goto bios setup
- dissable sata
- save and exit setup
- try installing XP

it will work...

if u want to enable sata u need to install sata driver by pressin F6 at the begining of windows setup. for this u might need a floppy drive.. just try dissabling sata.. if its not workin, let me know...

hi again,
if i disable a Sata then it will be like i have IDE hard disk ? i dont want to do that . i dont find the driver yet i' ll search again.....can u tell me where can i find it?? my mother board is genx P4M800PRO-G7
thx :icon_wink:

Did the motherboard not come with a drivers cd?

Did the motherboard not come with a drivers cd?

I have a motherboard cd ...i'll search there
thank u very much :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.