I don't know if a program like this exists, where on one side you would drag specific files \ folders you are looking for. On the other side of it would find those files on your HDD and show you where those files are, with the option if you wanted to delete them or move them to another folder ? The reason why I ask is because if some files got blended in with other files and you're not quite sure which ones to remove or move !

correct me if I've misunderstood you here, but if you are drag-and-dropping the file, doesn't that mean you already know the file's location??

correct me if I've misunderstood you here, but if you are drag-and-dropping the file, doesn't that mean you already know the file's location??

What I mean is, if you place the files in a area with a bunch of other files and had duplicates of the files, you would drag the duplicates into one side of the program, and the program would search your HDDs for those files and either delete them or move them in which you had copied somewhere on your computer. That is what I'm looking for :)

Hmmmm - still a little confused here.

The app I use is more than capable of locating files across multiple HDDs, but doesn't have the drag-drop functionality. Should do what you are after though.

Super Finder XT

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.