Hey ya'll sorry if this is a noobish question but I just downloaded a game which requires 1.8Ghz and 512MB RAM. I only have 1.3GHz and 384MB RAM.
My question is, what happens if I install and play this game? How will it affect my computer? Does this destroy my computer?
How will having a program that requires more RAM that what you have affect my computer when playing it? Also with CPU?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It will run really really slowly if at all.

Some software tests your hardware and refuses to install if it's minimum requirements aren't met. Minimum requirements are usually the very minimum required to just barely get the program running. If your computer doesn't meet those then don't bother even trying to play. It won't break your computer, but it won't be playable.

I agree It probably isn't work attempting to play. There is nothing stopping you from trying but it probably won't be playable. I don't think upgrading would help either, the cost of dated components probably mount up to a newer computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.