My computer will be perfectly fine and then for about an hour or so it will just start being all wierd. It seems to hold down shift and control, and hold down my mouse with i click. It will stop for a minute or so then just start it up again. I have ran McAfee virus scan and i don't have any virus' that im aware of. If you have any solutions or any idea what may be causing this please respond.

Thanks in Advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

can you give us more details

Sometimes when i try to type it just wont let me, i'll have to wait a minute or two and then i can type again but it usually types in all caps at that point. There are not many more details to give.

weird indeed...if virus is not the one to blame, you know what? try to set up another account and logon, see any difference or not.

Sometimes when i try to type it just wont let me, i'll have to wait a minute or two and then i can type again but it usually types in all caps at that point. There are not many more details to give.

i was refering more to your system as in hardware OS there is a sticky about it

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 1

Dell Computer Corporation
DelDIMENSION 8300
Intel(R)
Pentium(P) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
2.59 GHz
512 MB of RAM

when did this start happening

About two weeks after i got this computer, which was about a month and a half ago.

So many things can cause this problem. It's more like hardware related to me: could be the memory, or the CPU itself. Maybe I am wrong, but do try to go to the control panel/user account and set up another administrator account then log in and see what happens. Or it's time to dig out your service card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.