ok last week i was having problems getting my motion le1600 to boot and only thing i could come up with after installing windows and updating the bios was that the hard drive died well i ordered a new harddrive and i got to install windows and i was installing the drivers and utilities cd and i got this message.
*** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error
*** The system has halted ***
anyone know what this means? or how i can fix it?
additional info: after the message i turned the tablet off and havent turned it back on yet, also the last thing i remember seeing the wass being installed was microsoft updates.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Just a guess, but check the memory stick/s and make sure they're seated properly. You may have knocked them loose putting the hard drive in.

ok i took out the internal bluetooth device that was making it give me the error message. i dont know why but thats what did it now im getting this wierd redblue and green dots on my screen and the computer locks completely up any ideas how to fix this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.