my stand by option not work. I mean it enable flase. how I repair it. I install a new windows xp, service pack 2.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi,
If you are saying that you just installed SP2 and your PC will not go into stand-by, I would uninstall SP2 and reinstall it and try again. If you are still having trouble, download SP3 and install and see if that will work.
This would be a good time to make a slip-streamed OS CD, go to:-
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xpsp3_slipstream.asp
or Google Slip-stream XP CD, and find out how to do it.

i reinstall it but not solve.

Hi,
Did you download and install SP3? If not try it OK.

in service pack 2 how I fixed it?

Abu, a long shot... when Setup was running it may not have detected correctly the power management scheme of your mb. Go into system32, rclick on HAL.DLL, choose Properties > Version tab. Highlight [lclick] Internal name... what does it list for your actual hal?
Make sure that you have the correct video card/adapter drivers.

Hi,
Please install audio and video drivers on your system and restart your machine. Everything should work fine.

Please reply...

Abu, a long shot... when Setup was running it may not have detected correctly the power management scheme of your mb. Go into system32, rclick on HAL.DLL, choose Properties > Version tab. Highlight [lclick] Internal name... what does it list for your actual hal?
Make sure that you have the correct video card/adapter drivers.

the internal name is = halmacpi.dll

Hi,
Please install audio and video drivers on your system and restart your machine. Everything should work fine.

Please reply...

I will try. and very soon I will reply.

halmacpi.dll is for your multiprocessor, advanced configuration power interface... so you should have Restart capability. Try updating your video drivers, then, so that option can be displayed correctly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.