Excuse my ignorance but I will explain my problem, I cannot seem to get my windows internet to go. My outlook express works fine, as long as I do not try to open a web page with it, I can get onto the internet via firefox, which is how I am able to talk to you now. I tried the cmd thing on the "run as" option but it just opens a black blank page and immediatly closes again. In fact that is what the internet page does as well, eventually the page opens which is blank then closes after half a second. I have not downloaded any up grades or anything else (consiously) , I have tried a system restore which may get the internet to work once or twice but no more and I have carried out virus scans to which the last one was clean,
Any ideas in as plain english as you can manage please I am not the most computer literate of people

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi ,try this ,go to start/control panel /classic mode, classic mode go to internet options /advanced options/way down the bottom click on reset to reset internet explorer settings

Thanks for that but no go I'm afraid. The page just comes up says it is connecting and disappears again. I have checked that the IP address and gateway stuff is still there which seems ok as it was not that long ago I installed the netgear wireless router.
I am inclined to think that it is something in the program settings but what I have'nt a clue, everything else seems to work ok but the whole computer slows down when trying to use internet explorer.

Thanks for that but no go I'm afraid. The page just comes up says it is connecting and disappears again. I have checked that the IP address and gateway stuff is still there which seems ok as it was not that long ago I installed the netgear wireless router.
I am inclined to think that it is something in the program settings but what I have'nt a clue, everything else seems to work ok but the whole computer slows down when trying to use internet explorer.

not sure what to say ,waht versio nof IE is it do you know ,maybe update it to latest version ,or just use firefox or google chrome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.