Help! I recently installed win xp spack 2 on my Toshiba L10. The problem is after completion I realized I've lost my audio output.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Help! I recently installed win xp spack 2 on my Toshiba L10. The problem is after completion I realized I've lost my audio output.

first i suggest you also install sp3 ,
so do tell us what you have tried so far to fix it if anything so we don't start telling you things you already tried !

first i suggest you also install sp3 ,
so do tell us what you have tried so far to fix it if anything so we don't start telling you things you already tried !

Well, I tried installing Ac'97 audio controlling software, but that did not work. That's all.

,install sp3 it may have a fix for the problem ,
in device manager ,how does the sound device show up with or with out any red or yellow ! marks ,you could try uninstalling it there and rebooting comp and reinstalling ,also a system restore back to before sp2 may be your only fix

Hi,
After you follow caperjacks instructions, and you now have no SP2, do not reinstall SP2 (SP3 is just SP2 with a lot more fixes and SP2 is not needed to install SP3), download and install SP3. That may stop the problem from reoccurring if it was SP2 causing it.
But first follow caperjacks instructions. Probably when you install SP3 over SP2 or reinstall the drivers, it will fix the problem.
If after you have completed everything and you are still having problems, do a windows repair from your windows OS CD this will uninstall SP2 and SP3 and give you a good basis to install SP3.

Hi,
After you follow caperjacks instructions, and you now have no SP2, do not reinstall SP2 (SP3 is just SP2 with a lot more fixes and SP2 is not needed to install SP3), download and install SP3. That may stop the problem from reoccurring if it was SP2 causing it.
But first follow caperjacks instructions. Probably when you install SP3 over SP2 or reinstall the drivers, it will fix the problem.
If after you have completed everything and you are still having problems, do a windows repair from your windows OS CD this will uninstall SP2 and SP3 and give you a good basis to install SP3.

I've been able to figure out how to solve the problem, though it was not an easy process. Just in case you would like to know how, then its like this: First I reinstalled an original SP2, then explored the SP2 disc and extracted the zipped Drivers files to the desktop using WinRAR. I went to the manage option in order to access the device manager and scanned for hardware changes. I then reinstalled the sound driver manually by selecting the appropriate AC'97 Sound driver from the folder containing the extracted files on the desktop. The last action was a simple restart. That all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.