Well, I installed Microsoft Office, but whenever I try to run the computer in normal mode, it freezes. So, I have to try and uninstall it in safe mode but it says you can't. So, I need help.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Can you provide us with some more on your problem.

Delete microsoft office from your startup and then try again.

Its not even in my startup...

Whenever I turn on my computer, I log on, and it runs fine for about 10 seconds.
But whenever I hover my mouse over the taskbar, I have that hourglass thing, and I can't click anything. Thats all I can say really.

See if your processor usage is fine ... if its upto 100 % .. see which process is taking the processor ... if its explorer.exe ... end process and then start a new task "explorer"...

Thats not working. It never used to be like this, only when I installed Office.

Thats not working. It never used to be like this, only when I installed Office.

Whats not working ?? is your cpu usage normal ??

Kalthanis, download and use the Windows Installer cleanup utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

See if the uninstall works OK after that. Download it on another PC and save it to CD if necessary, and install/run it in Safe mode on yours.

To make Windows Installer work under safe mode, you need to create a registry entry for every type of safe mode you are logged in to.

1.Safe Mode.
Type this in a command prompt:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
and then “net start msiserver”

This will start the Windows Installer Service in safe mode.

2.Safe Mode with Networking
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
and followed by “net start msiserver “

This will start the Windows Installer Service in safe mode with Networking.

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.