Well, I installed Microsoft Office, but whenever I try to run the computer in normal mode, it freezes. So, I have to try and uninstall it in safe mode but it says you can't. So, I need help.

Recommended Answers

Can you provide us with some more on your problem.

Delete microsoft office from your startup and then try again.

Jump to Post

See if your processor usage is fine ... if its upto 100 % .. see which process is taking the processor ... if its explorer.exe ... end process and then start a new task "explorer"...

Jump to Post

All 8 Replies

Can you provide us with some more on your problem.

Delete microsoft office from your startup and then try again.

Its not even in my startup...

Whenever I turn on my computer, I log on, and it runs fine for about 10 seconds.
But whenever I hover my mouse over the taskbar, I have that hourglass thing, and I can't click anything. Thats all I can say really.

See if your processor usage is fine ... if its upto 100 % .. see which process is taking the processor ... if its explorer.exe ... end process and then start a new task "explorer"...

Thats not working. It never used to be like this, only when I installed Office.

Thats not working. It never used to be like this, only when I installed Office.

Whats not working ?? is your cpu usage normal ??

Kalthanis, download and use the Windows Installer cleanup utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

See if the uninstall works OK after that. Download it on another PC and save it to CD if necessary, and install/run it in Safe mode on yours.

To make Windows Installer work under safe mode, you need to create a registry entry for every type of safe mode you are logged in to.

1.Safe Mode.
Type this in a command prompt:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
and then “net start msiserver”

This will start the Windows Installer Service in safe mode.

2.Safe Mode with Networking
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
and followed by “net start msiserver “

This will start the Windows Installer Service in safe mode with Networking.

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.