Hi folks, perhaps some of you may be of help. My son was trying to uninstall a program (game ) from his cpu. He's using windows xp and gets a pop up could not open INSTALL.LOG file. He also has the Adaware free program installed Ive tryied to seach for INSTALL.LOG file manualy and no results. I've looked for it under program files and can find it as well.
Ive even tried unistal wise and nothing. What do I need to do? and please try to keep it simple

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi folks, perhaps some of you may be of help. My son was trying to uninstall a program (game ) from his cpu. He's using windows xp and gets a pop up could not open INSTALL.LOG file. He also has the Adaware free program installed Ive tryied to seach for INSTALL.LOG file manualy and no results. I've looked for it under program files and can find it as well.
Ive even tried unistal wise and nothing. What do I need to do? and please try to keep it simple

The install log is for the game ,try reinstalling the game ,then go to add and remove program and try uninstall it again .

Im having the same problem but most my stuff is downloaded and i dont want to donwload it again because I'm having security issues or i do not have the cd for it so I was wondering is there an alteritve way?

There is no 'simple' way.

The problem is happening because essential files have been moved or deleted. To get rid of the program now, all the program installation files need to be deleted, and then all the references to the program removed from Windows Registry.

Easiest way out of it is to delete the program's installation Directory, then use a 'Registry Cleaner program. Finally, use TweakUI or similar tools to remove the entry from Add/Remove Programs.

to the Earlier poster - I've tried the reinstall and then unistall that was useless as it recognizes that the program is still installed and would not allow a reinstall.
To Catweazle I will try it the way you've explained it. thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.