I have tried virtually every suggestion in these forums regarding fixing the slow response time with IE 6.0 and nothing seems to work.
This problem began suddenly two days ago. Whenever I select any intial action requiring IE6.0 (either accessing a site or opening a page resident on my PC that requires IE6.0) it takes about 15 - 30 seconds to load. Once I get into a site, sometimes I can whip through the pages quickly, and for other pages it takes quite a long time.
What I have tried:
- AdAware to clean up files and programs
- Spybot to clean up files and programs
- shutting down ZoneAlarm
- shutting down McAfee
- restoring defaults in IE Internet Options
- have already upgraded to SP1 for IE 6.0
- running "ipconfig/flushdns"
- shutting the PC down and unplugging it and my cable modem and then re-starting
The only things I know of that I have not tried are:
- re-installing IE 6.0
- doing a system restore to a few days ago
Could this be a problem with my ISP, Roadrunner Cable? I would not think so since the problem occurs also when I try to access pages resident on my PC.
Does anyone have any other suggestions before I try one of the two options above?