HI! I have been having problems with MSN Messenger, Explorer, and Hotmail lately. Everytime I try to sign into MSN Messenger, I get a message telling me that my username or password is incorrect (I am absolutely positive they are correct). If I try to sign into MSN Explorer, it simply tells me that I cannot connect at this time, and if I try to sign into Hotmail, I just get that error page. I am able to sign into my account from other computers, but not my own. This problem occurred one other time, but somehow it fixed itself and worked again, but it has been down for 5 days this time! Can anyone help me?! Please! I need my MSN!!

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

HI! I have been having problems with MSN Messenger, Explorer, and Hotmail lately. Everytime I try to sign into MSN Messenger, I get a message telling me that my username or password is incorrect (I am absolutely positive they are correct). If I try to sign into MSN Explorer, it simply tells me that I cannot connect at this time, and if I try to sign into Hotmail, I just get that error page. I am able to sign into my account from other computers, but not my own. This problem occurred one other time, but somehow it fixed itself and worked again, but it has been down for 5 days this time! Can anyone help me?! Please! I need my MSN!!

Can Anyone Help Me?

Can anyone help me, PLEASE?

first wait abit before bumping your posts please, we do have ppl who are here and can help but you must wait abit, also please dont create second threads, its unnessary, i /someone will get to it, im here when i can be here.

now, moving on....

i honestly have no real clue, try updating your windows update, try using a differnt browser, make sure CAP's lock isnt on, if you use the "num" pad to type things in make sure its also on

HI! I have been having problems with MSN Messenger, Explorer, and Hotmail lately.

Do You have the latest version of the .NET Framework installed? There were recent changes to Passport that require the use of the newer software. Go to Windows Update and download it if it shows up as not installed yet.

I have found that an easy way to make sure that you are typing your password in correctly (damn those asterisks and my wandering fingers!) is to type it into something like NotePad (so you can see it) and then copy-and-paste it into the entry field.

Kimboberly

Exactly the same thing has started to happen on my pc....were u able to fix the problem?

Rgds

Dali

I've had good luck logging in from Japan when that happens...sometimes it seems like the Passport auth mechanism gets jammed and if you hit some different servers you can auth again. http://hotmail.co.jp

...oh yeah, it should recognize your language settings automatically and switch to English.

try this ,START>RUN> then type in box.. regsvr32 softpub.dll

try this ,START>RUN> then type in box.. regsvr32 softpub.dll

hello I tried this but received a message to say the file can not be found:sad: . apart from not being able to sign into msn/hotmail/messenger I can not use windows update. I just keep getting the message that the software did not download properly. please can you help me with this?:cry: marilyn

try some of the programs in my signature, to clean you computer

hi, can you help me, everytime I tried to sigin messenger it keeps says this page can't be displayed can you help me.

Hey! The internet works fine on my computer, but when i try and log into hotmail.com it just does nothing, then eventually comes up with 'page cannot be displayed, cannot find server'. When i try and sign into msn messenger, it tries to sign me in then after a while it says:
'We were unable to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.'

However, other than hotmail.com, the internet is working fine, and i know that msn messenger is also working because i have asked my friends and other people on other internet forums, and they its working fine from their computers.

Please help!

Hey! The internet works fine on my computer, but when i try and log into hotmail.com it just does nothing, then eventually comes up with 'page cannot be displayed, cannot find server'. When i try and sign into msn messenger, it tries to sign me in then after a while it says:
'We were unable to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.'

However, other than hotmail.com, the internet is working fine, and i know that msn messenger is also working because i have asked my friends and other people on other internet forums, and they its working fine from their computers.

Please help!

I had this problem just the other day ,what i found was in my security settings .IE /tools /internet options /security /trusted sites and put in ,https://hotmail.com ,and in restricted sites i found www.msn.com,i removed it and i also deleted my cookies .and started over .this fixed it for me !:)

Delete all your temporary internet files, run disk cleanup on your machine (right-click C: in my computer, diskcleanup). Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp and delete all files in there. Navigate to C:\WUTEMP and delete all files in this directory as well. Make sure you have XP's firewall turned OFF (hope your running XP, you didn't say) Control Panel>Network Connections>Properties>Advanced>Internet Connection Firewall. Check for possible spyware running on machine, if you have installed any new java runtimes, this may be causing it. If you can think of any particular change that you or someone else may have made on the computer that possibly might coincide with this issue, simply undo it. (i.e. uninstall a recently added program, uninstall a Windows update, etc...) Check for spyware on the machine.

I am not recieving pop up notification when i get emails and the same
number of email remains on the envelope at the
top of the screen

I have trouble adding a new account in msn explorer. When i enter my name and password it takes a long time and gives the error that an error was found in line 7 and tells me to debug it.Also when i open msn explorer it does not open msn messenger as it used to.Please try to help me!!

Hi Sheldon, welcome to TechTalk! :)

Being new to this site I'm sure you aren't aware of this, but we do ask that members start their own thread when they have a question rather than "piggybacking" the question onto a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar the 2 problems might seem).

For one thing, the piggybacking diverts the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, and for another, your question won't get the attention that it would if it were in its own thread.

With that in mind, please post your question in its own thread, and try to provide as much detailed info as possible when you do (the exact text of error messages, your version of Windows and the program(s) you're having trouble with, etc.)

Thanks for understanding.

- Dave (DMR)

hey guys, and girls, i need help. I can access my msn messenger 6.2 and my internet works ok dispite the fact it waits like 10 seconds b4 doin ne thing when u click on a link, but i cant acces my hotmail from the messenger or hotmail.com, it just leaves and blank page and ends there. same thing happens when i go to sgn into msn home. so could someone please help, i need my email desperatly for school.

Hey punkrockmetal, welcome to the site! :)

Please read my post directly above yours regarding adding your questions to someone else's thread. You need to start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, posting details about what version of Windows, Internet Explorer, etc. you use could help us.

Also- we've had many threads here in the past which deal with msn/hotmail account problems. Have a look through the many suggested solutions and see if one of those works for you:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/search.php?searchid=107051

ok well i don't know whats wrong with my computer. I can't login into my hotmail account, i cant login to msn messenger, and a lot of other secure sites. I didnt know what was wrong so i started lookin around to find out what happened. so i downloaded firefox after running spyware scans and virus scans, because even after that nothing worked. with firefox it allowed me to check my email and log onto other secure site, but i still can't log onto msn messenger. I disabled my firewall, deleteing my cookies and got rid of temporary internet files and it still didnt let me log on, and plus my normal browser is still messed up. It all started back when i downloaded Windows Service Pack 2. So if anybody knows whats goin on plz help me!!!!

One more thing on my normal web browser i had been havin problems with midadle and ads123 so mabey that has something to do with it. If you know of some kind of free software to fix this problem that would be great.
HELP!!!! :cry:

american212001,

Please see my two previous posts above regarding adding questions to a thread already started by another member- you need to start your own thread and post your question there.

Thanks.

Hi american and welcome to DaniWeb! As the post right before yours suggested, you should have posted this in a new thread.

It appears you have some sort of spyware/adware problem. You should check this thread and follow the advice to clean up your system:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread5690.html
If you need to post a hijackthis log, please do so in the Security forum.

It also seems you're having some problems due to SP2, check this link for more help with that (in particular, look for the post referring to an SP2 Update):
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread10031.html

(oops! Sorry DMR, didn't see you there!)

Hi, All. I'm glad I found this site!!! Junior Techie, I am experiencing an identical problem to yours. Internet appears to work normally, but when I pull up Hotmail, I don't see my saved user login name. Then when I attempt to login, I get the "page cannot be display" message. I have attempted all the classic fixes in Internet options .. security settings, default resets, etc .. to no avail. I get NO help from Dell or Microsoft, or my cable provider. Can anyone help??

cybergenie:

american212001,

Please see my two previous posts above regarding adding questions to a thread already started by another member- you need to start your own thread and post your question there.

Thanks.

Hi american and welcome to DaniWeb! As the post right before yours suggested, you should have posted this in a new thread.

this happens exactly the same to me abutterfly have u fixed it yet help!!!!!!!!!!!

help!!!!!!!: You really should start your own thread and give specific details about what you are experiencing and any error messages you are getting. This thread, particularly the post you are referring to, is a few months old, and you will come closer to getting the attention you need for your problem if you start your own thread. :)

when i try to sign on to msn it says we are unable to sign .NET messenger because of a problem with the service or your internet connection. my internet is working fine and msn works on all my mates computer i really want msn im bored without it help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.