I tried to download a theme for XP. I first had to download a patch. After downloading the theme, I wanted to change it back to my old one. Now I can't change any theme. I get the error message "Run a DLL as an App" . Sometimes it says that Windows closed the program. Can anyone tell me how to get me old boring themes back?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I tried to download a theme for XP. I first had to download a patch. After downloading the theme, I wanted to change it back to my old one. Now I can't change any theme. I get the error message "Run a DLL as an App" . Sometimes it says that Windows closed the program. Can anyone tell me how to get me old boring themes back?

Use "System Restore" to restore your PC to a point before you downloaded the theme pack.

Hi,
I don't know what is happening but it may help to run a SFC. Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-
Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache
Note:- the space after “exe”.
The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.
Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow
Note:- the space after “exe”.
You may be required to use your installation disk.
This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.
If you still have the problem, you could have a virus or malware, please check here about cleaning your PC in "Viruses, spyware and other nasties" If still no success, please post back with more information about you PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.