Hi
My name is Marty and this is my first time on this site or any other forum and I am basically a beginner. My problem is that while trying to type this......... it drops out and a window appears that I am unable to red cross it out or right click, delete. I cannot even drag it. Its frozen on screen and blocks out just about everything.
In the window is ........ "antivirus + - Windows Internet Explorer and nothing else. The only way I found to get rid of this is to open Windows Task Manager,,,, find it... right click then end program now and then delete it. But it keeps coming back after a short while. I imagine this is a virus and can someone help me on how to get rid of this completely?
Marty.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kaninelupus

Try downloading malware bytes, this is basicly a virus detection and deletion program as apose to an anti virus.

Can you give some more details on your system and anti-virus etc?

Could either be a crappy AV (resource overload causing a freeze), or a form of malware trying to either fight back or locking up system to prevent removal.

As well as MalwareBytes, would recommend HijackThis - use thi to run a full scan and post this request for assistance, along with a FULL copy of HJT log in the "Viruses, Spyware and other Nasties" board for best results in troubleshooting (as is dedicated to such problems).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.