My laptop came with an installed windows vista home premium, later i installed vista business, is there a way i can recover the home premium coz i dont have its installation cd.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

your laptop should've come with a reinstallation dvd when you bought it. If it didn't than you can contact your laptop manufacturer and usually they will ship you a pc restore disc which should work!

If the laptop manufacturer doesn't send a dvd out (which is highly unlikely if) than your only option is to borrow a vista home premium installation dvd from a friend/relative/co-worker...You wont have to use their serial number since most laptops that ship with OS preinstalled have OS serial key on the bottom

thanks i guess i will try to contact the manufacture.

Hello,

If you have not hard formated the drive, it is possible, that you have still like 10GB hiddne located on the HDD. It is like recovery partition. Please have a look on it. If it is the case, then please read the manual to the laptop on how to restore your Windows OS.
But it looks like you will have to google for help anyway.

Otherwise as written before, you have to find someone with the same Windows OS - DVD.

thanks i guess i will try to contact the manufacture.

Hello,

If you have not hard formated the drive, it is possible, that you have still like 10GB hiddne located on the HDD. It is like recovery partition. Please have a look on it. If it is the case, then please read the manual to the laptop on how to restore your Windows OS.
But it looks like you will have to google for help anyway.

Otherwise as written before, you have to find someone with the same Windows OS - DVD.

Hopefully your recovery partiton will still be there and you can restore from that. You should be able to get the restore disk from the manufacturer.

Something else you may want to try is using you vista business disc, don't enter a serial number when installing and select vista home. Then enter the home serial number later on

You won't get the pre loaded software though. The other option of using a restore partiton is the best though.

Why would you want to install home instead?
Don't forget to backup that important data.

- Let us know how it goes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.