Currently using Vista Ultimate. Would like to download some desktop background images but the potential for exploits/malware is significant. Can anyone cite a safe place to aquire a few images? An informed reply would be welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Try are many site for safe download.

You can use torrentz or google search bar for downloading safely.

I download most of wallpaper, just typing at google, For example, few days back i needed 2012 wallpapers. I typed "2012 hd wallpapers" at google and got most of the best high defination wallpapers. Google is 100% safe.

Google is safe. Some of the links given by google are NOT safe. Torrents are NOT safe and you will likely get an infection from anything downloaded.

Currently using Vista Ultimate. Would like to download some desktop background images but the potential for exploits/malware is significant. Can anyone cite a safe place to aquire a few images? An informed reply would be welcome.

Stick to sites you recognize like microsoft or flickr.

Scan ALL downloads.

Better still, create your own.

try google wallpapers or microsoft wallpapers site.

try google wallpapers or microsoft wallpapers site.

Why please tell me why ,you bothered to post that as its already been said and links posted

hmm.. I do download wallpapers from interfacelift.com they have just the images and no executables, Never had issues. But zip files and rar files from other places are always a threat.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.