Hey all,

I'm about to switch to Windows 7 from Vista via an HP upgrade disk, and just had a few questions. First, should I first restore my notebook to factory Vista settings with system recovery disks (there's quite a bit of crap on the system, as well as a lot of expensive preloaded software that I don't want to lose via a reformat)? And if so, should I get all of the available updates for vista/windows/whatever before I upgrade to 7? Thanks guys.

Regards,
Jon

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you have expensive preloaded stuff I would not recomend formatting your hard drive because Windows 7 will overwrite everything. But is yor hard drive partitioned??

Thanks for the quick reply! The harddrive is partitioned, C:/ is where my OS and everything is, and D:/ is the recovery partition. So even if I restore to factory settings, preloaded stuff and all, upgrading to 7 will overwrite?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.