I installed Windows 7 on Windows XP aand BOOM Windows XP is GONE!!! I got windows 7 installed but XP... It got removed. I need to know how to install multiple systems.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How can you install Windows 7 'IN' Windows XP?? You mean u installed it in the same partition??

No I created an image file on a CD. I downloaded the beta of Microsoft.com thats how.

No I created an image file on a CD. I downloaded the beta of Microsoft.com thats how.

And I also forgot to mension I used Nero to burn the CD.

if you dont know how to dual boot and dont have backups you really shouldnt be testing pre-release systems..... its asking for trouble. You shouldnt run it on bare metal, especially not production machines.

I did have 2 systems at first on 1 computer (Windows XP and Windows Vista) but they BOTH got deleted and I DO want Windows 7 Beta.

I did have 2 systems at first on 1 computer (Windows XP and Windows Vista) but they BOTH got deleted and I DO want Windows 7 Beta.

during your installation for win 7 which OS partition did you overwrite, xp or vista?

check out this site from microsoft for multi booting system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.