Hello Friends,
I wonder if anybody has had a bad experience with SFS, I received a file in sfs but cannot open it because I need the SFS program to open it, first of all I downloaded a program from CNET but when I went to install it said there was a file missing so I aborted the installation, then I went to the SFS website and downloaded from there twice but I still could not install the program after I downloaded the zipped file, I tried to unzip it with a trial version of Winrar but I got a message saying that the format was unknown or the file was damaged.
Do you have any ideas of what I can do to unzip my SFS file.
I also have a file which is in PDF and Adobe will not open it, saying that the file is damaged, seems really incredible. Do I have to trace the original zipper and ask him what the problem is with his computer.
Many thanks for your advice and kind assistance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

7zip is good, but not very user friendly. I haven't really found a better freeware solution though. is this the sks for single loading OS files in Vtype programs, or another SKS? can we have the link to the website you downloaded it from, please>?

Is this a P2P file? Have you been downloading P2P? If so you probably are filled with Malware. Go here and read about cleaning your machine...
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum64.html
Go here for a free zip program......
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I have been using a great program called emule, I did get infected by a virus I downloaded which was in a program that I wanted to use, but I am glad to say that I have learned my lesson by being now fully protected against future threats, now I notice when I am using emule I seem to be getting bombarded by malicious IP intruders which are blocked by Malawarebytes, I am using Kaspersky as well but I don't seem to get any notification from it that I am being threatened.

7zip is good, but not very user friendly. I haven't really found a better freeware solution though. is this the sks for single loading OS files in Vtype programs, or another SKS? can we have the link to the website you downloaded it from, please>?

Thanks for your reply.
I am using WinRAR and it is handling most of all the files that I come across, of course there are exceptions but I try and find the file openers for these, there are others but is it worth the expense of using exceptionals, why should anyone use a filing system which is only used by developers or those with higher IT skills.
Regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.