I have a clien't computer that is running Win98. Someone wrote her a database program to keep track of customers, receipts, etc for her business. She is wanting to transfer this program (which she says is not very good) to a jump drive to be able to transfer the data and program (if possible) to her XP laptop. I finally got the computer to recognize the jump drive, but cannot get the files to transfer over to it. I get an error message telling me it cannot write the files to the drive. Is there any solution to this problem? I installed win98SE on the computer, and this is what allowed the computer to reognize the jump drive.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

might be easier to take out the hard drive and slave it into another computer and get the files that way

might be easier to take out the hard drive and slave it into another computer and get the files that way

Thanks for the advice - kinda solved the problem by using my data transfer cable to put data onto a computer running Xp then to the jump drive. Data saved. Now the problem is finding a program that will work in xp for this program that was written in DOS on a win98 first edition system. I installed win98SE on the older computer, but haven't been able to make the data (program created by someone else) work on an xp machine as of yet. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. We have just about decided to print out the data and hand input it into another program - tedoious, but when all else fails ......................................

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.