Working with MS Project Professional 2007. My business is too small to use Project Server. Looking for a workaround so that I can post milestones, tasks, alerts, etc. so that others can see. I have a website and can create a sub web.

Is there a 'poor man's' way to get collaboration amongst a group of 3. I have a legacy MS project 2000 that I can give to one of my associates. Ideally, some 'dashboard' that works with windows products would be great.

I have vista Ultimate and the others have Office XP with Office 2003. Looking for solutions.

This very much depends on whether you want to collaborate or share (I notice you used Collaborate.

With Project Standard you can all work on the document at different times.

You may be able to do this via Sharepoint, but that would probably be overkill for 3 people.

There are other options to Project such as http://basecamphq.com/

Hope this helps.

Much thanks for the reply. I should have added the fact that there is a Microsoft download [Sharepoint Services 3.0] It is not the SharePoint Server but offers SharePoint "services". Although the documentation states that this is intended for Windows Server there are ample articles stating that this will work on a Vista machine without 'official' Microsoft Support.

Cannot find information on specifically what features would be realized with sharepoint services and so I post in several places to inquire.

In MS Office 2007 there is a "meeting workspace" feature that I would like to use. There is information within this feature stating that "sharepoint" is involved. How can I leverage Vista, Office 2007 and the Sharepoint to facilitate real time meetings with others online.
Much thanks for any guidance.

Hi, one solution is to use Project Server through the web - via a Software as a Service model. For only three users the pricing is reasonable at $40 a user. Or, there are other potential options that might be a bit less expensive but generally require longer term commitments.

Let me know if this interests you by contacting me at collinq@yahoo.com.

Working with MS Project Professional 2007. My business is too small to use Project Server. Looking for a workaround so that I can post milestones, tasks, alerts, etc. so that others can see. I have a website and can create a sub web.

Is there a 'poor man's' way to get collaboration amongst a group of 3. I have a legacy MS project 2000 that I can give to one of my associates. Ideally, some 'dashboard' that works with windows products would be great.

I have vista Ultimate and the others have Office XP with Office 2003. Looking for solutions.

Much thanks for the reply. I will certainly consider this option but my issue with the replies is that no one has enumerated exactly what SharePoint Services 3.0 does. Can anyone specify what features are added that did not exist before. Much thanks for the continued support.

Hi, one solution is to use Project Server through the web - via a Software as a Service model. For only three users the pricing is reasonable at $40 a user. Or, there are other potential options that might be a bit less expensive but generally require longer term commitments.

Let me know if this interests you by contacting me at collinq@yahoo.com.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.