Can anybody tell me why windows is not comming.when i start my
Notebook and press f8 button for safe Mode,Normal Mode or Any option from list.after some seconds does Not Come Anyting.can anybody tell me .How should i retrieve windows.or any way to copy system files.so that i copy my windows xp into flashdrive.and install windows xp again.Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Nothing is comming after bios execution.when i press f8 and say
Safe Mode Nothing is comming.can you tell me .How should i copy
system files in a flashdrive means io.sys,msdos.sys and config.sys.

Hi again,
You are getting past your BIOS screen so that you can press F8 and reaching the options screen where you have the options of how to boot.
It is after you make you selection that you can not get any further. As you can not get any further you need to repair your windows installation. The site I gave you will show you how to do a Windows installation/repair and should get your machine working again. I don't understand why you want to copy the mentioned files to a flash drive now, it is not going to assist you in booting your machine.
If you don't want to do a repair/install, go to the link in my signature and download the program and make a UBCD which will allow you to boot your machine with it. Using the tools in there you may get your machine to work again. To do what you ask, go to another machine, locate the files (io.sys,msdos.sys and config.sys.) in the windows directory and copy them to a flash drive.

Kindly let me know the idea.The following link is a Download Link ?.
Any help would be highly appreciated.additional how should i extract this zip file .the following file is unknown type fdubcd.igz.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

http://ubcd.partedmagic.com/downloads/fdubcd/r133/fdubcd.igz - (2.88Mb core version) for UBCD4.11/5.xx

Problem is that even save mode with command prompt is not comming.Kindly let me know any way .so that we run from
flash drive.sorry for mistake .Kindly let me know the idea.Any
help would be highly appreciated.

Sorry, you will have to follow one of my earlier suggestions to get your machine to work OK

Don't load too much too much programs on startup.
You can check the start up by click start, run, rype MSCONFIG

But problem is that i am not getting windows.how should i go in run.
when i try to run using f8 safe mode .windows does not come.it hangs when i try to run in safe mode.Kindly let me know the idea.
any help would be highly appreciated.

Sorry, you will have to follow one of my earlier suggestions to get your machine to work OK

your at it again BoB, beating that poor dead horse !

Yes I know, I have been doing it quite a bit of late. There are a lot of dead horses and I pick most of them. lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.