Hi,
There seems to be a problem in my display setting ,where in I cannot find the Windows XP theme present there by default.Also my Internet explorer opens a new page in same Window even after selecting new tab option.Any help is appreciated.Thanks in Advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by donkey_pasta

Thanks for reply, but the problem got solved temporarily after reboot and I dont know how that happened.

I've had this happen after applying a patched theme using the UX theme patcher. If I remember right I had to restore the default theme from the command prompt.

can you please tell me how did you manage to do restore default theme from cmd prompt?.

can you please tell me how did you manage to do restore default theme from cmd prompt?.

Wow man it's been a long time since I did this. But I think I ended up copying the default theme file from a different computer running XP (located at C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes), put it on a jump drive, ran the commands blind, then rebooted. Because my problem was that I could not see anything because the visual style had become corrupted. Are you able to see anything?

I just ran a Google search and found a package that is supposed to restore the default XP themes. You could try it out and report back: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Themes/RestoreXPthemes.shtml You'll probably need to reboot afterward.

Edited by donkey_pasta: grammar

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.