Hello,

I have a laptop that I cannot remember the password to sign on to Windows. Windows is preinstalled on the laptop. How would I unistall windows and reinstall if this is pre installed on the laptop. I am working with windows vista on that lap top. Is there a way to burn a cd of pre installed windows 7?

Thank you for any help
Nancy

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,
. Is there a way to burn a cd of pre installed windows 7?

Thank you for any help
Nancy

no!did you try booting the laptop to safe mode[f8 on bootup ] and enter the admin acct and go to users in control panel and remove the password from the user acct
you say the laptop has vista on it how could it possibly burn out a copy win7 .
i think you mean on another computer running win7 correct ,if so it would not be legal to do so and try using it on the laptop ,
if you have win7 on a computer you can created a image of it to use on that computer in the event of a win7 crash .

Thank you I am going to try that. Yea I meant that the laptop has Vista and I have another computer that has Win 7 so I was thinking of installing windows 7 on the laptop. Can I burn a cd of windows 7 ?and how would I do it

thank you again

Thank you I am going to try that. Yea I meant that the laptop has Vista and I have another computer that has Win 7 so I was thinking of installing windows 7 on the laptop. Can I burn a cd of windows 7 ?and how would I do it

thank you again

I don't think you understood Caperjack when He stated that it is not legal to burn a copy of a windows 7 OS from a pre-installed OS. To install the OS on a different computer you must buy a Windows 7 upgrade or full install disc from Micro Soft. Later

yes I guess I did not understand. That is kinda of crazy especially since its already installed on the pc. I tried safemode and it still came up with the user and password prompt to sign into windows. Ugh I am so frustrated. Thank you for any insight

yes I guess I did not understand. That is kinda of crazy especially since its already installed on the pc. I tried safemode and it still came up with the user and password prompt to sign into windows. Ugh I am so frustrated. Thank you for any insight

there are password remover tool on the internet ,just google search it .i don't use them as i don't use a password for windows never have so i never forgot it .
google results.
http://www.google.ca/search?q=password+remover+tool&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.