Hi,
My uncle gave my dad an old compaq laptop, and I have a dlink router+adapter to use with it (my uncle used the same model before too.)
I reinstalled windows on it so now its a fresh xp media edition, and when i plug in the adapter no setup pops up.
I installed the drivers from the cd, restarted, nothing worked. Tried it 2 times. But when i go to network connections theres only local area connection but no wireless. Thus I cant connect to my wifi network from that comp in any way.
Please help!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by LiTos456

Can anybody help? The comp doesnt have built in wifi, so it needs the whole router set. I have that...but it doesnt wanna work!

Hey, AFAIK wireless card comes by default on most of the laptop models. Could you please tell me the exact laptop model so that I check the configuration and can point you to the latest drivers for the wireless card. I am sure that you haven't installed the wireless drivers on your laptop successfully because of which there is wireless connection appearing in ncpa.cpl.

If your laptop model doesn't come with a wireless card by default, then as gdrori mentioned, you would have to purchase a seperate PCMCIA data card for your laptop.

Thanks,
Bhagya

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.