Hello everyone, earlier tonight my son handed me his ACER Aspire One netbook and said' Dad it wont start' I was confronted with the following:- "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this." The options are:

Start in safe mode.
Safe mode with networking.
Safe mode with command prompt.
Last known good configuration setting (most recent setting that worked).
Start Windows normally.

None of these options work for me. I can select any of them and the Windows logo will appear. The screen will go black for a few seconds, then it will turn blue very briefly, then black until the options appear again. I have searched about for some answers and those that i have come across all require a disk of some sort. And this ACER does not have a built in disc drive.

I asked if he had downloaded anything or if any updates had occurred and he said there had not been any.

At a loss now.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Paul.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Anybody out there that can help. Pulling hair out now....!

Did you get it sorted out, Dave? It will be a hard drive error, and you need to run chkdsk on it. For that you will need a Recovery Console on a bootable USB key, else you will have to remove the hdd, place it into an enclosure and connect it to a working sys so that you may run Seagate? diagnostics on it [from their site, the Windows tool is fine for the job].
If you need help with making a USB key bootable RC I can guide you simply on that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.