my father bought this computer off our cousin she had no clue where the installation disk is i need to know how to create a windoxs xp cd so i can reinstall xp on his computer so i have no disks no product key and no idea what to do next if you could please assist me in a way that u would talk to a dummie i would appreciate it thanks!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well the only legal way for you to get the CD would be to go out and buy it.

The only other way you can do this is by getting an open source Operating System

http://www.ubuntu.com is one of them. you may wish to read up on Linux and millions of Distros it has. Most of which are free and Open Source and much more stable then Windows.

If there's a rescue partition it will contain the disc images to use, after you use that rescue partition to restore the main harddisc to factory settings.

Otherwise, do as Finito says and go out and buy a legal copy of some operating system (XP of course is no longer available for retail purchase).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.