the best feature of windows 7 is windows media player 12. it is not only looks cool, but also it does not have the problems of media player 11. media player 11 has got an major problem, it does not shows the total time of the tracks in playlist. media player 12 does not have this problem. but some of my friends still using windows XP, service pack 3. they also tried to install media player 12 in XP. but it does not work there.. is there any version of media player 12 available which works with XP??

St Lucia Resort
Halpern

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why make the latest Window Media player run on a OS that is going to be end of life. SP2 life has ended and SP3 will live until 2014. So I believe whatever software they create will be for the latest OS that is Vista and Window 7.

yeah i doubt there will be a WMP12 for XP at all. microsoft EOL'd XP a while ago and soon they will stop supporting it all together.

yeah i doubt there will be a WMP12 for XP at all. microsoft EOL'd XP a while ago and soon they will stop supporting it all together.

there is only update support for winxp sp3 now ,you must have sp3 installed
and someday soon they will stop support for Vista

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.