Can anyone tell me ?Why p1,p2...is written to the different cable.kindly let me know the idea.any help would be highly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

P1 3.3 V
P2 3.3 V
P3 3.3 V (precharge, 2nd mate)
P4 gnd (1st mate)
P5 gnd (2nd mate)
P6 gnd (2nd mate)
P7 5 V (precharge, 2nd mate)
P8 5 V
P9 5 V
P10 gnd (2nd mate)
P11 reserved
P12 gnd (1st mate)
P13 12 V (precharge, 2nd mate)
P14 12 V
P15 12 V

I Did not understand 3.3 V volt.why 3.3 V Volt is needed in the following case.Kindly
let me know the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

P2 3.3 V

From what I understand that Hard Drive and CD-ROM (DVD BD or w/e) require 3.3V. But Molex connectors provide 12v and 5v the two in between are grounds. I am not very sure how they work.

But Molex connectors provide 12v and 5v the two in between are grounds. I am not very sure how they work.

i did not understand molex connectors.the white connector.on which written p2 is a molex connector.kindly let me know some idea.additional why p2 is written there.

yes the white connector is called a Molex

Additional for DC Corrent distribution.why electric wire is in different color.red,yellow,black.why electric wire is in color ???Kindly let me know the
Idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.why it is different in color instead of same color.sorry for very small question .but i will ask.Kindly let me know the idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.