Hi,
maybe someone would have any suggestions for above.

Just to clear - I'm just average computer user who can "do" something with own device as long I have explanation given as "Problem solving for dummies".

I've upgraded Windows 64 from Vista to 7 and seems everything works smoothly exept sound. I had to do "clean" installation as "normal" upgrade didn't work at all - the system looked like Windows 7 but didn't work at all (only switch on/off... literaly)

I have Asus Xonar DS (7.1) soundcard with Logitech X-530 (5.1) speakers. I've installes and upgraded software for Xonar as recommenden on Asus site plus tried to do some amendments as suggested on few forums - didn't work. Also-most people had problems with no-sound from rear speakers and I do not have sound at all.
But when tested - system is showing that there is sound (e.g. "jumping" volume visualisation bars).

I would appreciate if anyone could help with above - I do not want to downgrade to Vista - beside I've got the feeling it wouldn't help anyway

Hi,
maybe someone would have any suggestions for above.

Just to clear - I'm just average computer user who can "do" something with own device as long I have explanation given as "Problem solving for dummies".

I've upgraded Windows 64 from Vista to 7 and seems everything works smoothly exept sound. I had to do "clean" installation as "normal" upgrade didn't work at all - the system looked like Windows 7 but didn't work at all (only switch on/off... literaly)

I have Asus Xonar DS (7.1) soundcard with Logitech X-530 (5.1) speakers. I've installes and upgraded software for Xonar as recommenden on Asus site plus tried to do some amendments as suggested on few forums - didn't work. Also-most people had problems with no-sound from rear speakers and I do not have sound at all.
But when tested - system is showing that there is sound (e.g. "jumping" volume visualisation bars).

I would appreciate if anyone could help with above - I do not want to downgrade to Vista - beside I've got the feeling it wouldn't help anyway

I'm having a similar problem. I've spent 3 hours on the phone with MS and they haven't been able to figure it out. I upgraded from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate, everything went fine, but my sound quite working. Like you, I can see the sound meter move, but no sound out of my speakers. If I disable my video adapter I get sound. I've tried multiple sound cards and video cards, same problem. I had previously installed a beta of 7 and had the same problem when updating my video driver, but if I installed an older video driver my sound would come back. Very strange. I'm still working with MS on this and will post back here if they can figure out the problem. Very frustrating, I like Win 7, but this is problem sucks.

I have same problem. All visual indications are that there is sound but nothing from the speakers. Control Panel/Sound tells me that I have a green tick against "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and that this is my default driver and that it is working OK. I don't seem to have any other driver associated with Speaker.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.