these two entries are alongside my normal hijackthis logfile:

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')

hijackthis.de said they were Microsoft Application Error reporting. (Which i''m guessing would be from some random errors a while ago.) Does that mean they can go? There was no user feedback to say yay or nay.

also O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE is apprently really bad but has always been on my acer laptop sinice i bought it. (running windows xp media centre).

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by thunderstorm98

Do you think the alcmtr.exe could be causing my BSOD which are because of a "device clashing with windows" ? And is the scan on that site safe?

thanks for the info btw.

The above links are for info only..not for scan (may be unsafe i have no more info about that site).
alcmtr.exe is Realtek sound device software you can disable it through msconfig utility>startup or click on run and type services.msc and click ok..here also you can disable the services by right click on it select properties.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.