hello can you please help me what should be the first boot device or the primary

because i am going to reformat my P.C..hoping for your positive responds..thank you in
advance...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello, jemz, one usually sets it as the hdd that you will install your OS to. When you enter BIOS [by pressing the Delete key] there will be a selection in there at the boot menu page. Your boot disk, if IDE, should be Primary. If you have been using the sys successfully and have not made any hardware changes then there should be no need to bother with this.
When starting your system in order to run Setup [installation pgm] it is best if you use the BIOS one time Boot Menu - it differs with machines but you generally enter it with F2 F8 or F11 key press [your BIOS front page should tell you which], select your cd drive and away you go.

Hello, jemz, one usually sets it as the hdd that you will install your OS to. When you enter BIOS [by pressing the Delete key] there will be a selection in there at the boot menu page. Your boot disk, if IDE, should be Primary. If you have been using the sys successfully and have not made any hardware changes then there should be no need to bother with this.
When starting your system in order to run Setup [installation pgm] it is best if you use the BIOS one time Boot Menu - it differs with machines but you generally enter it with F2 F8 or F11 key press [your BIOS front page should tell you which], select your cd drive and away you go.

Hello sir thank you for the reply,sir you mean the primary is HDD not the DVDrom?am i correct sir?please help me, hoping for your positive responds...

Quote of gerbil's post >>When starting your system in order to run Setup [installation pgm] it is best if you use the BIOS one time Boot Menu - it differs with machines but you generally enter it with F2 F8 or F11 key press [your BIOS front page should tell you which], select your cd drive and away you go.<< substitute DVD ROM in place of CD Drive. Later---

Quote of gerbil's post >>When starting your system in order to run Setup [installation pgm] it is best if you use the BIOS one time Boot Menu - it differs with machines but you generally enter it with F2 F8 or F11 key press [your BIOS front page should tell you which], select your cd drive and away you go.<< substitute DVD ROM in place of CD Drive. Later---

hello sir thank you for the reply,okay sir it's the cd drive...thank you sir i will write again if i have doubt..more power to you all sir...thank you for helping me...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.