I installed a software program called My World ( a GIS program from PASCO Scientific). Somehow I have ended up w/ two versions - 4.17 and 5.0 on my computer and I can not open either version. I get a Java startup error. I can not delete either program from the add/remove program in the control panel. What do I do?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I can not delete either program from the add/remove program ??
please explain why not!did you check in the install folder for a uninstall file
also did you try to update java

Yes I checked for uninstall folder. I think there was conflict with 2 versions of the program on the computer and some files still running in the system. I highjacked the remaining files and was able to then use add/delete in control panel to uninstall the my World and reinstall the one version 5.0 that i wanted. Thanks for the reply.

I installed a software program called My World ( a GIS program from PASCO Scientific). Somehow I have ended up w/ two versions - 4.17 and 5.0 on my computer and I can not open either version. I get a Java startup error. I can not delete either program from the add/remove program in the control panel. What do I do?

Hello there my name is RepairMaster25,

1. Open My Computer
2. Open the C: drive
3. Find the folder the program is located in
4. Delete the entire folder, if it won't let you delete the entire folder all at once do it one folder at a time until the entire program folder is gone
5. Once every thing is gone from the program including the program folder restart the computer and check to see if the folder is gone, that should fix your problem.
6. I recommend you update your Java dOptional,
Install AVG security it will check all the websites you visit that way you can see if there will be more than one version when you download the program again.

Hello there my name is RepairMaster25,

thanks ,just one question did your mother or you father pick the name ,lol

Here are steps you can take to remove this program manually
Steps to take:
1. Open My Computer
2. Open the C:
3. Find the program folder
4. Open the folder and remove each sublevel folder one at a time just to make sure the program gets deleted completely (may take awhile)
4b. You could try deleting the entire folder but it may or may not work but you could give it a try
5. Once the folder is deleted empty your recycle bin
6. Restart your computer
7.(optional choice): Install the AVG security program from the AVG website, this program is free and gives you everthing from virus protection and website checker to make sure you only download safe programs. When installing choose all basic options. Only basic settings will give you a free program unless you want to pay for the program then you can choose the Advanced settings.
8. If you choose to install AVG security then you will have a safe way of downloading the software program called My World ( a GIS program from PASCO Scientific). If not than you could get two versions again.
9. When you download the software again read everthing twice then read it again just to be safe.
10. If you have any questions about anything just post here. Ill do everything I can to help.

Signed,
RepairMaster25

thanks ,just one question did your mother or you father pick the name ,lol

No they did not I am called a Repair Master by the people whos computers I repair

No they did not I am called a Repair Master by the people whos computers I repair

no, really and to think i thought your !!
I was just kidding--- really
my name is jack and the people who's computers i fix call me a lot of things too ,but im not changing my name to any of them any time soon ,

and my suggestion fo a free antivire has become windows security essentials ,stoped everything that comes our way so far
,after years of suggesting and using AVG!
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

no, really and to think i thought your !!
I was just kidding--- really
my name is jack and the people who's computers i fix call me a lot of things too ,but im not changing my name to any of them any time soon ,

and my suggestion fo a free antivire has become windows security essentials ,stoped everything that comes our way so far
,after years of suggesting and using AVG!
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Well hello there Jack my real name is Nathan but I really like AVG its simple and to the point in what it does, but thanks for the suggestion.

Well hello there Jack my real name is Nathan but I really like AVG its simple and to the point in what it does, but thanks for the suggestion.

that ok, i liked it too.one time .MSE is a simple as it can get in my opinion

thank you, RepairMaster25

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.