Hi.
I currently own a panasonic toughbook laptop. It originally had windows xp pro on it, but i decided to cut back and install windows xp. Upon doing that i had to download all new drivers and all that fun stuff. but i came up short handed. My laptop had no option to go into standby or hibernate and the keyboard function buttons didnt respond. so i searched some more and found what i pressumed to be a working driver to be able to put it to sleep and all. when i shut down my computer and tried to turn it back on, it powered the panasonic starting, then the windows xp screen came up with the loading bar and all. Next it should have turned all the way on with my options and all confermed by the start up sound. Instead the screen stayed black. the fans still ran. and the start up sound rang. so it was as if my comp was turning on but the screen was not. any ideas. im currently on a friends comp. o and safe mode, and return to last working settings both fail.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It originally had windows xp pro on it, but i decided to cut back and install windows xp;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

that makes me wonder why ,ad xp pro is only xp home with a few added features like better networking

ad xp pro is only

ad=as

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.