have windows xp. tried playing cds but wont read cdrom. says windows sucessfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device(code 41). have windows media player11. know its reading the disc. just want to listen to cds. is it hardware problem? or can i just download new hardware if i was deleted? please help.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

how do i access program (Regedt32.exe)on my computer?

figured out how to access(regedit). accidentally completely deleted 4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-0800zbe10318. is there a way to restore this or am i screwed? couldnt figure out how to access upper and lower filters. please help going nuts!

To restore a deleted registry entry - open System Restore and select a suitable previous restore point.
The registry should always be saved before affecting any changes.

pulled up (regedit). pulled up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CONTROL\CLASS. just says value not set. if i add CODEVICEINSTALLERS it brings up (4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-o8oozbe10318)but doesnt say anything about upper or lower filters. says SYSSETUP.DLL,STORAGECOINSTALLER. is there somewhere else i can look? not sure what to do. please help.

Do the CD players show in the device manager ?

ran search program and found cdroms, but wouldnt let me adjust anything. so frustrated.

Do you have any CD burning software installed. ?
Some software [Roxio in particular] can change the CD rom registry entries.
If you have - uninstall the software and restart.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.