I have not been able to connect to Bearshare 4.6.0 for several days. I know this is not the latest version, but up until a few days ago, I've never had any trouble.

When the page comes up, the blinking red light in the upper right corner never switches to green (which indicates a connection). I've searched Google for answers which included changing the port numbers to various other solutions. None have worked.

I have Windows XP, firewalls are configured correctly (never had a problem before), and everything else seems fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you have to port-forward in your router for that?

No, I've been connecting to Bearshare for 4 years in the router's original set-up. No changes have been made.

Internet connection is also stable.

Mmm... I don't use Bearshare, but another. any chance your ISP has decided to block file sharing on the port/port range Bearshare uses? Can you change ports used...? go into the gamer range, 10000+.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.