I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong place, please just move it.

About two motnhes ago, my Internet Explorer's connection just stopped working. At that time, this was completey fine, as I use Mozilla Firefox to get online. Of course, now this is creating..problems. For example, programs, like MSN Messanger, which seemingly uses a internet explorer connection to get one on, isn't working. Many other MMORPG type games I have on my computer follow route, most likely due to patching. I'm using XP. Any and all help would be apperciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Kageri,

I've moved your question to our Web Browsers forum, as your problem regards IE.

You said that the connection "just stopped working"; can you give us more specifics if possible, please?

- Does IE at least open, or can you not even get it to run properly?

- What types of errors or other possibly helpful information does IE give you?

- Have you tried Microsoft's recommendations for repairing IE?

- Open the Event Viewer utility in your Administrative Tools control panel.

In the Event Viewer, look through the System and Application logs for entries flagged as "Warning" or "Error"; double-clicking on any of those entries will open a "details" window with more information about the error/warning. If you find any entries that seem to relate to the IE problem(s) that you're having, post the full and exact contents given in the detail windows.

- "Spyware" infections can break IE in a number of different ways. Have a look at the spyware-related info in this thread and some of the other threads in our Viruses, Spyware, and other Nasties forum.

Sorry for a delayed post, something came up.

Anywho!

Yes, IE does open- I get a 'Cannot' message on EVERY page.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Um, I'd try that event thing but there is WAY too many errors located inside it. I'll go check the thread you mentioned.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.