I have a vista machine and a W7 machine.
I use my vista for everything but business
The W7 machine I use only for a private business, I paid for the Vista machine, I backed it up a perscribed to re install if necessary, there for I own the rights to the software for personal use.
My firm required they take protocal control of the machine & I can have it as mine when the contract ends after they remove their info & protocals from the W7 machine.

??Can I install from my ownership W7 reinstall discs load in parallel onto my Vista machine??? IF SO,
PITFALS
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO

a NERD/NOVICE/etc

Dennis

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

just to make things clear are you wanting to have a multi boot system with win7 and vista on same pc

try normal installing bt install new os in next partition.

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

OK, so do you have a clean install disc or an upgrade disc?

If you are wanting a multi OP system you will have to have Win7 full install disc and then you can have duel boot sytem with win7 and vista but you will have to have vista installed first and then install win7 this will work fine as long as the hardware is up to the job of running win7;duel core CPU and at least 2Gig of ram and a good size hard drive if is this helpfull

Also make sure your lap top manufacturer supports win7 on your lap top this is very important have a look on their web site for info on this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.