hello.

I switched on my laptop this morning and i was faced with a "black" screen, none of the keyboard keys were responding. I then resorted to removing the battery and forcing a reboot. i started windows on safe mode and once got the error I from a pop-window. I pasted the information below as i don't know how to fix it. i aslo noticed that when i start windows (windows 7) on normal mode and quickly launch a program, it doesn't go into blue screen mode; i can only do this when charging my laptop.

Please help me if you can. I use an Acer Aspire 5740G and its roughly 2 months old.

Thanks.

[TEX]Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800032C19A4
BCP3: FFFFF88006717180
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090610-20217-01.dmp
C:\Users\Melita\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-74272-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt[/TEX]

I ended up restoring factory defaults. It came at the cost of deleting everything that was in my C drive but at least the problem is solved. Having partitioned my hard Disk, I at least managed to save important documents that were stored in those drives.

Hello SunnyRepairs

I have no idea what could have been the cause of my BSOD because my laptop is still new, bought it 2months ago and it has 4gig ram. I doubt i could have ccorrupted my registery but if that is tghe case then i'll purchase a registry cleaner just to be on the safe side.

Apart from that i really do not know what caused it. thanks for the tips, they're appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.