so im having trouble myself with getting my email signature to work in outlook express. i've already created a folder with my images and html file but when i go to create a message i have to right click on the red x, go to properties and then source...my question is how do i automatically have my image linked to the source

First, create a picture that you want to include and also insert your name into that picture so that it is all one graphic, and save that.
In OE, go to Tools, Options, Signatures. Select (at the top) Add Signatures to all outgoing messages.
If you don't have a signature created, do so now and make it the default. If you already have one and want to keep it, make a new one. Either way, at the bottom at Edit signature, click into File and then browse to find the graphic that you created way back at the beginning. If you want this to be your default (and you had another signature, make sure to change the default.)
Click OK and you should be done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.