I own a Compaq laptop w/ the Windows Vista System (and Sempron). It's not verry old, about a year maybe two and I've had no issues with it so far. However, I was playing an online video from youtube that it was having no issues with. I do have it on powersaving and hadn't touched the mouse so it went black on the screen and the music cut out. Now I haven't been able to turn it on for nearly 3 days! (Thank goodness I have 2 laptops.) I need it for college work but anytime I press the power button, the light showing power flashes 3 times and won't turn on. How can I turn it back on? I've tried:
-Closing and Re-Opening it
-Unplugging the Power cord to see if it will just die and kinda "re-boot" its self
-Holding the Power button Down

Any insight is appreciated!

Joy

*Please note: I have just joined and I'm hoping I am in the right thread. This was the first place that allowed me to figure out how to post a thread.

Re: Starting Issues with Windows Vista Laptop 80 80
Member Avatar

Have you tried removing the battery

I own a Compaq laptop w/ the Windows Vista System (and Sempron). It's not verry old, about a year maybe two and I've had no issues with it so far. However, I was playing an online video from youtube that it was having no issues with. I do have it on powersaving and hadn't touched the mouse so it went black on the screen and the music cut out. Now I haven't been able to turn it on for nearly 3 days! (Thank goodness I have 2 laptops.) I need it for college work but anytime I press the power button, the light showing power flashes 3 times and won't turn on. How can I turn it back on? I've tried:
-Closing and Re-Opening it
-Unplugging the Power cord to see if it will just die and kinda "re-boot" its self
-Holding the Power button Down

Any insight is appreciated!

Joy

*Please note: I have just joined and I'm hoping I am in the right thread. This was the first place that allowed me to figure out how to post a thread.

Member Avatar

try removing the battery, then put it back and switch on

i just tried that, and it's still doing the same thing. I left the battery out for a few min.

Hello,

Have you tried the laptop without the battery?
Try removing the battery, attach the power cord to the laptop and try turning the laptop on.

- Let us know how it goes.

I just got back from taking it to a man who fixed my other laptop after it had the "blue screen of death" (?. Turns out my jack for the laptop I had the problem with is lose. It's currently being fixed. Thanks for all the help!

Joy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.